Monday marked my 22nd birthday! I celebrated with friends in Arlington on Saturday night and had dinner with my family on Monday night. I even baked a two-layer funfetti cake from scratch for the occasion. It was so good! To continue the celebration, I thought it would be fun to share 22 facts about me! I always love reading these kinds of posts and getting to know the person behind the blog a little bit more. So, here’s 22 things you might not have known about me:
1. I’m only 5 feet and 3/4 of an inch, even though I tell everyone I’m 5’1. #shortgirlprobs
2. I wear pearl stud earrings every.single.day.
3. I was born in England, just an hour outside of London. However, I grew up in Texas, Maryland, Germany and Thailand. After high school, my family and I moved to Virginia, which is where I attended college and where we currently reside.
4. Because I grew up mostly overseas, I have traveled to 18 countries on 5 continents.
5. I dreamed of moving to NYC for years and finally made it happen last summer. I spent 3 months living in the West Village and interning at Alice Marshall Public Relations.
6. My go-to beauty product is mascara. These are what I’m using right now!
7. I’m obsessed with HGTV. My favorites are Fixer Upper, Property Brothers and House Hunters!
8. I have a younger brother named, Taylor. He’s 19!
9. I ran cross country in high school.
10. My favorite ice cream from the grocery store is Ben & Jerry’s chocolate chip cookie dough, but my favorite ice cream shop is Van Leeuwen, which is located in NYC and LA.
11. I’m the worst at keeping diaries. I have about 8 of them that I started, but never finished. In fact, I don’t think I even made it past the first few pages of any of them.
12. When I was younger, I wanted to become a marine biologist. I didn’t quite grasp the idea that their job doesn’t involve playing with dolphins all day long.
13. I own every one of Taylor Swift’s albums.
14. My go-to Starbucks order is an unsweetened grande iced coffee with soy.
15. I met my boyfriend, Zach, at a frat party during our freshman year of college. We’ve been dating for over three years now. Read that story here!
16. I’m a huge introvert. I prefer nights in over nights out. I prefer hanging out with one or two friends over a huge group of friends. I’ve also always wanted to try living by myself (i.e. no roomies)!
17. I can’t stand the taste of celery or ginger.
18. I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder. I don’t often talk about it, but it’s something I live with and am always looking for ways to treat it.
19. My favorite social media platform is Instagram. I could spend hours on it…okay, I already do that. Are we following each other yet?
20. My favorite food is Italian or Mexican. YUM!
21. My favorite alcoholic beverages are wine, mojitos and margaritas.
22. One day, I hope to own a French bulldog or an English bulldog…or both! I mean, how cute would they be together?!
I hope you enjoyed learning more about me. I’d love to learn more about you too! Feel free to share some fun facts about yourself in the comments. I’ll read and reply to each and every one of them! Here’s to year 22!